Monday, April 28, 2008

My NCEE Meeting











I got many compliments on my sweater wrap and bag. I even learned how to do the magic loop (thank you Crimson Purl) and here are my spoils. Some white cotton acrylic. That I will be making an oversized clutch with. I want to use the pattern Sak used on their tote. Mine will be a clutch it will not have the strap like theirs but it will be cute and non fuzzy!

Now the ladies in Knit Picky (a yarn shop in Winston Salem) asked about my sweater and I showed them that it was a piece of a sweater not a real one and they were amazed. One lady said it put her in mind of a dickey. Many poeple were amazed that it was not a real sweater and that it only took me like two days to make it!

My attempt at a pinwheel sweater was going well but I messed up on the last row somehow. I noiticed my YO was not in the same palce as the other YO then it dawned on me that by time I finish the sweater it will be hot and she probalby will not be able to fit anyway. but I was real happy that i learned how to do the magic loop . My new goal is to do a bag with the magic loop no more making the base and picking up stitches. Well not really now I can knit a round bag instead of the square bags I have been making. How about a pinwheel bag! and I thought about making a pinwheel blanket! How would you make a hat do you bring it out as wide as you want then start decreasing? All i know is that now a whole new world has been opened up to me now that I can patterns that ask for DPNS. Go ME! Oh yeah thank you again Crimson Purl for showing me how!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on learning the magic loop. It's so useful!

I did write a pattern for a pinwheel hat/beret on my blog if you are interested. It's possibly not very well written as I'm still a novice but I can talk you through it.

Starry xx

Virtuous said...

Gurl anything that is asked to be done in the round I ALWAYS magic loop it!! You are right! A whole new world! And can't understand how others knit without it!! ;op Makes life THAT much easier!!

The only reason why I have my whoopin 2 sets of DPNs is for i-cords! ;op

A pinwheel blanket would be lovely!!!