Friday, October 06, 2006

Another Garterlac washcloth


I have started another garterlac a bit more ambitious this time. Two colors. I am interested in making a baby blanket in garterlac. I need some circular needles. I think this will speed up wash cloth production. Although my pace is not that great of a problem. Since I make for myself and my own enjoyment. I will be done this Sunday with my Sept-Oct swap. Actually with all my swaps except my Santa one because we haven't decide what we want for Christmas. We are kids in a candy store I will know after Sunday. Why Sunday Because AC Moore is having a moonlight madness Sale. Everything is 25% off. this is a good time to pick up the small things. I generally use my 40%-50% off coupons on things that cost $10 or more dollars. Like the pack of sock needles I want. I have not given up on my ballband earrings. I am making a cable clutch tonight on the machine. Yes I am going to sit at my machine. My santa swap apl makes lovely purses she showed me this cute red cabled bag i got to make. I have writtne a pattern and eveything. Now were supposed to pakc tonight but when we stop I am on the machine!It is a simple strip you fold in half. sew the sides and keep stepping. The author of the pattern sharpened two dowels like large eyeliner pencils and sewed them to her bag! oh but the pretty bow she used. Simple ribbon weaved through the bag and tied in the front. My swap likes blue just like me. I have some great blue left over form Elijah's sweater i saw last night. That and Lela's white ribbon her grandmother bought her. Oh! I need to put some in Lela's hair it would be cut with her hair do right now.

No comments: