Friday, August 05, 2005

Trial and Error

I started my shopping cart cover. I cut the holes wrong. So I cut them off and redrew them. When I go home tonight I will cut them out. Hopefully I got it right. Now I need to get my sewing machine working . But it is ok if it is not because I will do it by hand no biggy. I hope it won't be too short. I started with 1 3/4 yards the instructions called for 1 1/2 yards so I had a little slack. But now trial and error is what this is about. I really hate I messed up good fabric. I was supposed to make a blanket with this but changed my mind. I will sew the edges together then turn right side out then sew casing. I got a funeral tomorrow. Maybe I can use Ms. Mary 's sewing machine. It would be cool if she could serge it. We may not have time. I will just do it by hand. I need to remember to mark 1" around so I can have something to follow. Once I get this down then it is on to customizing the fabric! Delta, Aggie, Blue Bear, whatever! I am going to see what I can do with printable fabric even if all I can do is an applique. Maybe even stamps? Who knows. I got to get the shopping cart cover down first.

No comments: