Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Happy New Year! Bring it 2020!

Over the two week break, I tried my hand at making boot covers (again).  Last year I made an actual boot cover but there was a seam in the middle. That would not have worked for the sequins I had.  Plus my sequins were not stretchy.

I decided to tackle it once again. I saw this video and thought hmmm why not try.


BAM! So... what did I do? I actually used a legging pattern Pegs ( this is a free pattern) I traced the pattern from the shortie down and added ten inches for my foot then round off the pattern (with a plate use what you have). 

I put the shoe in the sock and cut a tiny hole in the seam at the heel. Viola! 

These took about one yard of two-way stretch fabric and they do not have a band at the top.  With that legging pattern, you could theoretically make a pair of the Balenciaga pants boots. Maybe for CIAA? Too much?
Related image 
Anyway if you are still reading here is one more pair I made. This was less than a yard (I did not measure) I was able to make the band. Still may add elastic in the band. I really love the slouchy look.

No comments: