Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I have been doing something






My sister called me one day and told me about this lady that makes fur hats and they are oh so cute. The lady told me they she sells them for $10 dollars. So AC Moore had some fun fur on sale so I said let's see what the fuss is. I made a baby hat, brought it into work and two people said I want one! I made them both a hat and one lady said she wanted a scarf to match. I mistakenly washed and dryed the hats and that is why there are no pictures. They are matted. So I made another one and the lady said she wanted it longer and she thought the matted one did not look too bad. So I am going to take the matted one down and try to mix it with some non matted we will see. The whole point of this post was the scarf. It came out real well. I needed more yarn. I wasn't sure how to knit the fur Lean Ann Siad every third needle (ETN) and Viola! So the pattern is Cast on 19 and knit till the end of the ball. I put a sport weight acrylic with it. You will need two balls of fun fur. to get a decent length. It does curl I do not suggest heat! So mine will just curl. I know this is not new but it is to me! This experiment also brought me 20 dollars. Because I made the free one and the same lady said I want two more how much do you charge? I charged what the other lady charged $10 a piece. Go me!I am thinking Fun Fur Scarves for Teacher Appreciation Day. But my daughter who is only two said Ms. Maria already has a scarf. We made her one for Christmas. Lea forgets nothing. Maybe need to go back to the embellishing that buttonhole bag. I hope she like my little projects.

No comments: