Thursday, August 24, 2006

An Eye Opening Experience. Stitch Markers

I am trying (or so I think)to be the first on the block with a nine patch ballband dishcolth. I got the first three. I thought it was going to be a simple mitered ball band in the corners NOT. So I skipped it. I am not sure how to do the corners. I looked at the mitered ballband pattern and it said SSK slip marker. When it called for markers in the pass and I have only hand knitted 1 thing (the buttonhole bag) that call for markers. Now I am a crocheter. When ever the pattern called for a marker I only used a contrasting piece of yarn. I thought the same would work for handknitting. Well if you look at my buttonhole bag you can see the answer is no. My handles do not match. It is on. I am going to make another bag using my ghetto fab stitch markers.

No comments: